Friday, May 28, 2010

Of Hard Work and Other Nuances...

Now everyone with me, take deep breaths. Come on, one short, one long. Inhale....exhale. Good. We can start.

I am officially done with and set up for summer vacations. Good bye school, hello summer school, hot weather and the probability of a job.

THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES!!!! A J - O - B, A JEEZ-OB, A JEEZ-OB, A JEEZ-OB!!!!!!

Ahhhh, but enough about me, lets talk business. So forward start a new summer and people must surely be wondering now what the hell will you do with all your rightfully given free time, to which you might say "I'm working as well, asshole" which is fair enough, because you're right, I tend...from time to time...to be somewhat of an ass hat. But I'm referring to you're free free time. You know, the endless afternoons which at some point become 4:00 in the morning or something like that.

It's such a wonderful time in which schedules get reverted and everything slowly goes to hell, you know, in expectation for the coming autumn. I personally like to reserve this time to catch up. Just catch up. Yeah, catch up with TV series, movies, animes, anything. Books, comicbooks, games, board games, video games, flash games, house chores like hanging those portraits of your family or building that bookcase you promised so you'd have more free space.

How about stuff you postponed that's intangible? How about lessons? driving, cooking, fencing, hunting, swimming, knitting, drawing, taking pictures, singing, playing some instrument, skiing, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Italian, Esperanto, Klyngon, Elvish, Java, Html....uh...The language of 4chan.

The possibilities are endless and really set up for just you. How about sleeping? hmm, how about that? Sleep, a good night sleep. Picture it, you haven't gotten a good night sleep throughout this entire semester, year, decade, whatever. Well buddy boy(girl), you've very well goddamn deserved it. Go to the master bedroom, into the bathroom. Hop in to take a quick cold-as-my-heart shower and then hop right back out and slide under the covers and count the days away. Make up for the last whatever that feels like 30 years of sleepless nights. Fuck coffee....for now.

Or maybe you wanna make up for time in a different fashion. Like sex. Go, get to it. No one will think lesser of you. I won't. G0 have sex, with your girlfriend, or boyfriend, or spouse, or roommate, or your local ho or buy yourself a hooker. Come on, you've earned it. It was a hard year. And again, I won't judge. I couldn't give more than two bits of a fuck. Maybe one, but we'd have to see.

Or do nothing, just bask. Meditate. Take a moment, smell the flowers, hear the birds, sit in a park and look around, think of lily patches and deep lakes in which you can dip in and relax. Think of sunny beaches with cool sand and nice amiable people everywhere. No drunken frat boys, no deafening speakers trying to get random college girls go wild. Just you and the most formidable big fat fucking book you can think off. A true page turner that after being read will actually make you think and wonder and not make you feel cheap and underrated. It ain't twilight.

Just do something and leave the wallowing for other time, for other people. Leave it to me! I can take care of it. What is it? Politics got you down, I'll rant and holler about those lying, demeaning sons of bitches doing their work just so they can screw the next guy and for what? A quick buck? Fuck 'em.

Work is a bitch? Take a leave of absence. You've been working your ass off, you've earned it. Book a day or two on the calendar. Fuck everyone else. Fuck Ray from accounting or Bill from human resources, let them deal with their shit, you've had to much on your plate for way too long. Get out of that hell hole and into paradise.

Can't pay for paradise? Make paradise wherever you go. Grab a towel, head for your own personal space and dip in water. Any water, just find water. Fill the tub in your house. Go use the family pool. Ask a neighbor to organize a barbecue, take a trip to the public pool, take a bus to your nearest beach, grab the car keys and head to somewhere with fucking water. It ain't that hard...except if you live in the dessert. In which case, it could be a little harder, but not fucking impossible.

Religion has given you the blues? Hey! Snap out of it. I'm only gonna say this once. God loves you, for whoever and whatever you are....Except if you take things to seriously. So if you've got an attendance record at your local temple and you've simultaneously eaten and drunk large quantities of the body and blood of Christ so that you could take a shit and give birth to a full grown savior of men, then, my friend, you're on the righteous path. Take a day off. Come next Saturday you'll do everything in your power to make of the sabbath all but holy (unless you're going for some double entendre).

Friends aren't speaking to you, family is a pain in the ass, you can't even stand the sight in the mirror and feeling a bit suicidal? Well, what do you want me to say? No, stop, rethink what you're doing. Buddy, if you're far down that road then there's little to jack shit I can do, right? I mean seriously, you're in a lot of pain, nobody loves you, the world is a shitfull wonder and nothing works on you, well you're either extremely unlucky or you're a coward and give up easily.

I mean seriously, everything can be solved. If not, then you know were the exit is. People fuck up every living day, doesn't mean there isn't an exit strategy that well doesn't involve calling it quits in your life. Even people with severe and profound issues can have a way out. I won't lie to you or make you feel better. Some are better of dead, but who exactly isn't for me to judge...unfortunately.

And I've seen some seriously sick shit to except anyone to differ. Like the guy who was obsessed with Björk and taped himself as he put a gun to his mouth and pull the trigger. That was one sick individual and now he's gone and, who knows, maybe he could've become someone, maybe he could've lash it out on some kid. Who knows?

The thing is, let someone else take the edge. You've done your share and now it's, well it just is. It's day or night, it's too late for one thing but early for another, it's dark and quiet or loud and shiny. Whatever it is, fuck it. Indulge yourself, you'll have time to go back to the office or school or whatever the hell is out there and then there's life and then there's eternity and you know what, I'm seizing every fucking day thrown my way.

Because now I'm not angry at particularly anyone. I got by on Brothers and Sisters, my newest televised addiction which is this show that is just a soap opera done with elegance and several twits in sunny California with a nice resolution. Soon as I get back on track, it's all the stuff that makes me happy and turns my brain into mush. And I will do that and feel no one bit of me going to waste, because is what I want and anyone else can fuck off with their opinions, shut up and join me, or mock me.

This summer I expect the return of three bestest friends, one of them a bloggin soul sister, and lots of free time to see them and talk to them and party hardy. I'm looking forward to make amends with movie theaters everywhere since the only movie I saw since December was Lovely Bones. That's right, no Alice, no Titans, no Iron Man, no Shutter Island, no Daybreakers, no Book of Eli, no Legion, no Edge of Darkness, no Wolfman, no Defendor, no Green Zone, no Hot Tub Time Machine, no Kick Ass, no Robin Hood and no Nightmare on Elm Street. Oh, and no Cop Out.

So, tomorrow will be the release of non other but Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time, so there's something to look at. I lend my Xbox to a friend early on so I haven't gotten around anything from Bayoneta on. I have tons of movies to see in the house I've just bought over time. Despite anything, Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcet's anniversaries are coming up, but to me not as major as my dear old teacher and hero, George Carlin to which I won't stand down again, I'll make something of him this time.

More importantly even are the birthdays that follow. Dear and beloved friends whom I wish I could all see.

And that's it. No complains, no wonders, nothing. Things have happened, it's true. But the thing is that now, they don't affect me like they should. What was really gone and done were my grades and that's not something I'm affected by anymore. I did it. I passed, against all odds I pulled it off and to say the least would be I deserved it. I put my back into it, I tried everything and even went through troubled waters. And I came out.

My friends, some have gone AWOL, some are covering up the basics, some are coming out of the woodworks and making it count, some are fighting their inner deamons and what not, and I'm happy. I'll have time to bitch and moan later when I'm finally set up with a camera and an essay and work, real, actual, work. But for now, things are good and I can't help but indulge myself.

You should too. Hopefully, willfully, my friends. The bassit, the king, the artist, the demon drummer from hell, everyone will be at their best and will be there for when I start school, next semester. Also, I'd like to go on record and say that currently it's 4:50 in the morning. G'night.

No comments: